Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Agony of Defeat

I broke down and called Jenny Craig last week.   Jenny and I go way back.  It’s the same history that I share with Weight Watchers, Aktins, Slim Fast and any other weight lost program you can name.  I’ve had success with all of them.  Unfortunately, after a little success, I get cocky and return back to my old ways and next thing you know I’ve gained everything back plus another 10 lbs.
And truthfully, my problem isn’t losing weight…its keeping it off.  I’m either on my way up or on my way down.  And let’s be honest.  We all know the key to losing weight…eat less, move more.  That’s it.  Super simple.  The problem is that doing it the right way isn’t easy.  It’s a lot of work and who wants more work.  Life is tough enough.  I know I want a quick fix which is why I am paying a visit to Jenny.  I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. The hardest part of sticking to something is waiting for results to kick in. Embracing that and turning to Jenny for a quick start that is more likely to yield results/get you encouraged is way smarter than continuing to bang your head against a wall knowing it doesn't work for you. In the last few months I've come to think that finding a way that works for you is a sign of maturity vs. trying to do it the way everyone else says it should be done. Embracing the weak points and solving them in the best way you know how to get to your end goal is the smartest approach I can imagine. High five for you, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete