Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Feed Me

I love great food.  And as much as I love eating, I hate to cook with equal measure.  Ok, maybe hate is too strong of a word.  I just don’t enjoy cooking.  It’s so much work and it never quite tastes as good as it does in a restaurant.  Needless to say, I’d rather leave the job of feeding me to experts in the kitchen.  I have been known to cheekily say that I make great reservations!  Little do people know that I’m not joking.  Making reservations is something I do exceptionally well…stellar, in fact.  Luckily, Boston has some world-class restaurants for me to show-off my talent.
As I mentioned in a previous post, this year, instead of my two perennial resolutions, I decided to establish ten goals for myself.   One goal that I will have no problem following through with is my campaign to eat at the top 50 restaurants in Boston as listed in the November issue of Boston Magazine (list below). I’ve been lucky to dine at the first 17 restaurants listed below which leaves 33 restaurants for me to visit within the next 360 days. I know it is quite an undertaking, but someone has to do it!   
I’ll be sure to share my dining experiences will all of you in the upcoming months.  And feel free to drop me a line if you would like break bread with me at one of these amazing restaurants!
Bon appétit!
1.        Abe & Louie’s
2.       Rocco (Closed)
3.       Coppa
4.       Market by Jean-Georges
5.       Harvest
6.       Sorellina
7.       Via Matta
8.       T.W. Food
9.       Grill 23
10.   Myers & Chang
11.   Toro
12.   Radius
13.   Troquet
14.   Pigalle
15.   Eastern Standard
16.   Hungry Mother
17.   Scampo
18.   Beacon Hill Bistro
19.   Bistro du Midi
20.    Clio
21.    Rialto
22.   Il Casale
23.   Ten Tables Cambridge
24.   Ten Tables Jamaica Plain
25.   Erbaluce
26.    Craigie on Main
27.   Uni
28.   Sensing
29.    Lineage
30.    Sportello
31.    Lumiere
32.   Hamersley's
33.    The Butcher Shop
34.    Oishi
35.   Dante
36.    Salts
37.   Neptune Oyster
38.    Menton
39.    No. 9 Park
40.    O Ya
41.   51 Lincoln
42.   Bin 26 Enoteca
43.    Bistro 5
44.   Rendezvous
45.   Parsons Table
46.    Blue Ginger
47.    L'Espalier
48.   Prezza
49.   Il Carpriccio
50.   L’Andana

3 comments:

  1. I've eaten at Craigie on Main and their roast chicken is the most delicious thing I've ever put in my mouth. I wanted to gnaw on the bones and bathe in the chicken skin.

    Now that I've significantly creeped you this morning, you really should go there...

    I've also been to Lineage and it's fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this goal! Let me know if you want company. I'd be up for most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Rendezvous at Central Square a couple of weeks ago and it was fabulous. I'm always up for going out so you pick the restaurant and the night and I will be there! Best, Kim

    ReplyDelete